Clover Health - San Francisco, CA
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The People Operations team at Clover Health consists of dedicated individuals that are excited about the opportunity to change healthcare and improve people's lives, which isn't an easy task! We provide guidance, support, and implement programs so that our teams have what they need to do their best work. It's a big job and we're lucky to be able to do it.
We're looking for a Director, HR Business Partner to join our exceptional team! In this role you will support our growing Technology organization by being a champion of Clover Health’s culture and values, while partnering on the strategy and execution of people programs that empower Clover employees to innovate, scale, and grow. You will work to align business objectives with employees and management across functions both in the United States and Asia while serving as a consultant to management on HR related issues. At Clover, this role acts as employee champion and change agent.
As a Senior HR Business Partner you will:
- Understand the organization’s current state, future state, gaps and priorities to support exceeding business goals.
- Serve as people partner to the departments you support by providing expertise and executing on programs in the following areas: employee relations, organizational design, performance acceleration, coaching, compensation and rewards, talent development and recognition programs.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with others in People Operations to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance feedback).
- Partner with HR and business to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Clover employees.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit organization design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
You will love this job if:
- You're a people person and believe that a company is only as good as its employees. You take pride in the fact that the work you do has a direct impact on this.
- You're a builder at heart and love developing strategies and programs from the ground up.
- You're analytical and data-driven and enjoy working with data sets to identify trends.
- You are flexible: you have opinions, recognize there may not be a one size fits all, and are open to trying things differently.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 8 years of applicable experience in a healthcare or technology setting.
- You have a proven ability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team. People management experience preferred but not required.
- You're knowledgeable of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- You have strong interpersonal and negotiation skills including excellent verbal and written communication.
- You have demonstrated the ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment and develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email email@example.com with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.