Sony PlayStation - Aliso Viejo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation, Sony Interactive Entertainment (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Sr. Software Engineer (C++)
SIE is looking for a talented engineer interested in pushing the limits of streaming technology. As the leaders of game streaming, the Core team is responsible for developing the protocol and technology that powers PlayStation Now. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are capable of handling all aspects of the technology, from the expansion of new clients to implementing new network features. Never a dull day, the healthy mix of both production and R&D projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer that enjoys facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them.
- Implement new client and server features
- Expand the PlayStation Now service to new platforms
- Push technological boundaries on R&D projects
- 5+ years programming in C++
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience working with client/server architecture
- Motivated self starter capable of removing roadblocks
- Attention to detail at both the product and coding level
- Ability to work with others and communicate ideas effectively (written and verbal)
- h264 Encoding/decoding experience
- Network experience with UDP protocols
- Experience developing on mobile platforms (Android or iOS)
- Avid gamer
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.