Indigo - Memphis, TN
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Buyer Account Manager role is an Inside Sales role where you will be growing accounts. The Buyer Account Manager is also responsible for the generation of business in the assigned accounts as well as the attainment of new accounts for the business.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sale, able to grow accounts and “ask for orders”
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of each contract, with the ability to relate details to buyers and answer any questions buyers may have
- Proactively communicate with Indigo customers to ensure their experience with Indigo is positive
- Manage collection and coordination of customer documentation
- Serve as point of contact between Buyers and other functions of the Indigo organization, and closes feedback loop as needed
- Resolve all issues professionally and in a timely manner via phone, email, text, or chat
- Ensure that account records are complete and up-to-date, and that internal requests for grower data
Attributes and Competencies:
- Strong people skills with service mindset
- Comfortable being on a headset all day and working with Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level head and diffuse heated situations
- Competent multi-tasker, with the ability to act quickly and make decisions in a changing environment
- Adept at building relationships and working with cross-functional teams
- Curious and inquisitive about a wide variety of subjects
- Ability to operate well in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable navigating ERP and CRM systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized
- Skilled problem-solver
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Key Account Management for business customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in the agricultural industry preferred
- Some technical experience, or familiarity with CRM systems
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.