Indigo - Memphis, TN
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Sr. Supply Chain Program Manager will be to build, manage, and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders, both external and internal. The manager will ensure that forecasts for seed, SYM, and finances are held at the highest and tightest standards, provides inventory transparency, ensures a high quality product is delivered, and will serve as liaison between internal and external stakeholders driving on-time delivery and high performance of our partners.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Understand Indigo strategy and landscape of seed partners - and how the potential partners would fit into the landscape
- Recruit seed partners and evaluate performance of those partners and work to improve or exit as needed. Develop criteria for certifying seed partners.
- At end of season, assess performance and determine viability of partner; ensure that high performing partners are interested in working with Indigo again. Be the main point of contact for all seed partners for assigned crop/geography
- Search, identify and qualify future seed partners as required to meet commercial forecasts at least 5 months before each planting season.
- Establish relationships with target seed production partners, identifying capacity, gaps, and ways of working based on Indigo seed access strategy
- Able to negotiate initial terms with potential partners, representing Indigo as a partner in the market - high level of responsiveness, openness, and relationship building
- Negotiate commercial terms and performance expectations through the lifecycle of the relationship
- Track industry trends and seed availability in open market throughout the year on crop of interest
- Develop processes to create inventory transparency across seed partners
- Where applicable, own responsibility of tracking, maintaining, and managing Indigo owned inventory
- Develop reporting and forecasting processes
- On an annual basis, partner with Commercial, Strategy, and Crop Product Management to revise the annual demand forecast and seed strategy.
- Interface with Commercial and Crop Product Management to build the seed production plan and strategy to fulfill the seed needs required to hit the sales targets
- Establish seed partner KPIs that form the basis for performance management of each seed partner.
- Manage 3rd party production, warehousing, and logistics relationships as needed
- Be comfortable with Oracle, purchase orders and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Demonstrated past of negotiating contractual relationships and commercial terms with vendors/suppliers
- Strong communicator, internally and externally, with a focus on setting and delivering on expectations
- Able to work with little direction, self-starter and highly motivated
- Able to work effectively across functions/organizations within Indigo
- Demonstrate experience in utilizing data and data analytics
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment
- Flexible and can work with a high level of ambiguity
- Able to build positive collaborative relationships
- Highly results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ seed/ag related experience
- Based in Memphis, and/or travel up to 50% (depending on target geography)
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.