PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Stores Coordinator Assistant - Kitchen (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 169143
This position is responsible for providing material handling for Food Services to include, but not limited to: placing orders; inventory; stocking; receiving; establishing inventory controls and par levels for supplies; and responding to stock-outs in a timely manner.
- Ordering, rotating, stocking and receiving supplies.
- Inventory control and protecting assets by preventing expired or outdated supplies.
- Managing defective products and verifying credit or replacement.
- Filling floor stock requisitions for hospital satellites.
- Building orders and making predictions on consumption.
- Interacting with vendors.
- Determining stocking location of new products and product flow in kitchen.
- Utilizing HACCP guidelines of food storage.
- Operating pallet lift jacks, hand trucks and hospital vehicles as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in institutional food service setting preferred.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform math calculations in order to place vendor orders.
- Ability to remember/track where products are slotted.
UNIVERSITY DISTRICT PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $14.70, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Food & Nutrition Services || Per Diem/Relief || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.