Jet - Hoboken, NJ
The search team at Walmart Labs and Jet is dedicated to the mission of helping millions of customers every day in finding the right products. We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or iPad, our service goes to work. We mine billions of search queries and tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for our customers. Team members take end-to-end responsibility in analyzing large amounts of data, creating complex models, improving their accuracy and deploying these models to serve customers. E-commerce product search, much like web search, has always been a fertile area of AI innovation. Search algorithm team at Walmart Labs and Jet is working on fascinating AI/ML problems like deep NLP based query understanding, improving relevance ranking of products, semantic matching of query <-> item pairs using embeddings, visual search to enable search by image, etc. As part of this team, you'll solve some of the most challenging and impactful problems in machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, computer vision or statistical measurement. Your work will be visible to hundreds of millions of customers and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 company. If you speak and think machine learning then we want to talk to you. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
What you will do:
- Build advanced machine learning models and improve the accuracy of those models
- Deploy the models in production where it will serve customers in real time
- Put on the hacker's hat quickly convert an idea to a demonstration
- Present your work to the internal and external community
- Work alongside senior machine learning researchers and define the right solution to implement
What you will have:
- 7+ years of experience in Software engineering.
- Ability to write high performance production quality code. Experience in Python, Scala and other equivalent languages is a plus.
- Functional programming experience is a plus.
- Experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Good understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting.
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models and pipelines
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas
- Familiarity with Deep Learning.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.