PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Walk In Clinic (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 172211
This position will support the Primary Care and Walk In Clinc by working as a Medical Assistant and as a Patient Access Representative, as needed.
Medical Assistant: In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
PAR: Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay (including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregivers to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must have current Medical National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire. When referring to the National Certification requirements, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:?
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required. Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
MA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PAR PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, Woodfield Station (431)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $base for MA $17.98, base for PAR $16.35, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; National Certified Medical Assistant
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Per Diem/Relief || WALK IN CLINIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.