CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc - Longmont, CO
As a CrossCountry Mortgage Inc. Mortgage Loan Originator (“MLO”), you will assume full responsibility to guide new CCM purchasers through the loan process from pre-qualification, application, loan approval, and loan closing.
You will prequalify prospective buyers, review financing options, and assist credit challenged purchasers, as needed. You will serve as the primary point of contact for home buyers throughout the financing process for your assigned communities. Establishing and maintaining a partnership with the sales team is vital to the success of the MLO in this role. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with product knowledge and a sense of urgency are all requisites for the role. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences is essential. Minimum of 2++ years MLO experience a must, builder background preferred and strong purchase product knowledge around conventional, FHA and VA financing options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Spend adequate time in builder communities earning the business by reaching out to 100% of the customers.
- Provide weekend support in builder communities and grand opening functions.
- Make presentations on loan products in Sales Meetings and with Sales staff in builder communities.
- Represent CCM in a professional manner at all times.
Initial Loan Application:
- Daily focus and discipline around reaching out to 100% of CCM prospects and securing a complete loan application within 7 days of purchase contract.
- Review all documentation provided by borrower, check for accuracy and address any discrepancies.
- Submit complete and accurate loan files at all times.
- Daily Pipeline Management (pre-qualification to funding).
- Regular status of the progress on the loan through collaboration with the Fulfillment Center.
- Quality Control - be familiar and comply with all CCM policies and procedures.
- Frequent customer contact on pipeline.
- A minimum of 2 years of builder sales origination experience and/or established contacts/relationships with the purchase market
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs
- NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 (“SAFE Act”) *
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems
- Experience proactively soliciting new business
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficient in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* NOTE: This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act and state licensing requirements. Licensing requirements can include, but are not limited to, satisfactory completion of background checks, fingerprinting, credit reports, testing, and continuing education. This is in addition to what CCM requires upon hire.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.