acorns - Cambridge, KS
Project Manager | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a Project Manager to initiate and deliver core projects and feature developments that support the continued innovation of Acorns as a revolutionary investing service.
- Lead business and technical initiatives by laying out clearly defined project plans with assigned owners for each relevant department
- Partner closely with Product owner, Scrum Master and Engineering teams to understand, assess and communicate status, risks, and dependencies
- Facilitate meetings with key stakeholders across multiple departments to initiate and define project goals, scope, deliverables, resource allocation, and timelines
- Take big picture view to coordinate, plan and ensure overall release planning, execution & readiness
- Report, escalate and facilitate solutions for risk mitigation for all risks, blockers, and status of assigned initiatives to appropriate stakeholders
- Collaborate with various departments to prioritize and determine internal resource capacity to ensure on-time completion of deliverables
- Coordinate between all impacted teams, as well as dependencies for multiple initiatives
- Directly manage all steps of project delivery by influencing and ensuring key leaders’ accountability for deliverables
- BA/BS degree required
- 8 to 10 years of technology project management experience
- Scrum / Agile experience required
- Capable of effectively managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Ability to see a 30,000 feet view of a project's status, timeline/roadmap, and potential hurdles and to lead the appropriate course corrections
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to continuously learn and develop
- Problem-solver with solution-oriented mindset and ability to motivate teams
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Process oriented and highly organized with ability to establish comprehensive execution plans
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and lead in moments of disorder
- Ability to take constructive feedback and to improve oneself
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver strategic and business goals
- Experience using and administering project management tools including Jira
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.