PeaceHealth - Ketchikan, AK
Bring your nursing leadership expertise to beautiful Southeast Alaska!
Make a difference in the community you serve. Ketchikan, Alaska is perfect if you are looking for an outdoor playground, small town living and co-workers who will treat you like family. PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical center seeks to hire a Nurse Manager for our community to manage the coordination of activities in our Emergency Nursing unit, Trauma Program, and Employee Health.
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan:
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
Here's a great video about PeaceHealth and the community of Ketchikan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9BAyyu8ys&feature=youtu.be
Top reasons to work with PeaceHealth:
- Providing whole person care to Alaska, Oregon and Washington since 1890
- Robust benefits package, including excellent health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Competitive total compensation package
- Inclusive, mission-driven company culture
Relocation Assistance Available
Ready to apply? We look forward to talking with you!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager - Emergency for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 172423
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
1-ER Manager oversees ED which includes: trauma, employee health, emergency preparedness, medical transports, and SART.
2-Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
3- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
4-Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
5- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
6- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
7- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
8- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
9- May perform patient care duties.
10- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care.
11- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN strongly preferred. BSN required within three years of hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation: Depends on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Alaska
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.