PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a CT Technologist - CT Services for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 173441
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is required within one year of hire.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $31.49, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; Basic Life Support; Radiology Technologist - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Imaging Services || Per Diem/Relief || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.