PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Neurocritical Care based in the Eugene community.
Req ID: 174060
PeaceHealth is seeking a Neurocritical Care fellowship trained physician to join our team. We are moving from a Primary Stroke Program to a Comprehensive Stroke Program. We see over 800 strokes/ year. As the dominant Stroke program in the Willamette Valley we see, ischemic stroke, intracerebral, subarachnoid, subdural hemorrhages, neurologic emergencies (status epilepticus) traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries, neuromuscular and neuroimmunologic diseases. We serve a large rural catchment area including the southwest, coastal Oregon as well as the surrounding Eugene/Springfield communities and regularly get referrals from critical access hospitals located in these areas. PeaceHealth is also a Level 2 trauma center with a focus on individualized patient care and safety.
- 7 on-7 off schedule
- 8-12 patients/shift
- Collaborative team of NeuroHospitalists, Neurointensivists, NeuroInterventionalists and Neurosurgeons
- Future goal to expand service to include advanced care providers (NPs/PAs)
- Multidisciplinary team to support the Neurocritical Care team
- EPIC EMR
Eugene/Springfield resides in the second largest county in Oregon. Eugene, the 'Emerald City' is located on the southern end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers. The official slogan for Eugene is, “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors," this truly reflects the diverse breath of events in arts and a host of outdoor activities. Love an affluent community surrounded by scenic beauty? This is the place for you!
Here’s why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
- One hour from Portland, Oregon, One hour to the Pacific Ocean and 45 minutes to local ski resorts.
- Outdoor enthusiasts! Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer’s Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts hosts more than 700 performances and events each year. The John G. Shedd Institute of Art has performances all year long, and The Cuthbert Amphitheater is a great outdoor music venue during the summer months.
- Enjoy a multitude of local restaurants, offering locally sourced organic ingredients, paired with craft beers and wines from the region.
- Go shopping at the 5th Street Public Market or Oakway Center. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops or tasting international cuisine offered while local musicians provide live entertainment.
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events!
- Home to a community of strong education. Many high schools were given top accolades in the state of Oregon.
A few of the benefits of our positions:
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement Program for eligible providers
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program with Fitbit incentives for healthy lifestyles
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission trips in El Salvador
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Grace L Riggs.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Eugene, Riverbend Medical Pavilion (418)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.