QPS Employment - Pleasant Prairie, WI
Position Title: Filler
Wage: $13/hr., $13.75/hr.
Shift: 1st, 3rd
Hours: 6am-6:30pm, 6pm-6:30am
Want to be involved with amazing products? Looking for steady hours, a clean workplace, with great coworkers? We have the perfect job for you! We’re hiring for a Filler in Pleasant Prairie, WI. This Machine operator position is temp to hire.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers so they can be loaded
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected
- Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use
- High school diploma or GED; College degree preferred
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs, moving whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
- Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time
- Ability to coordinate 2 or more limbs while sitting, standing, or lying down; does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Lift 7-70 lbs. approximately 6-8 hours in an 8 hour work day
- Experience in operating hand tools, pallet jacks, dollies, and forklifts
- Basic math skills
- Good communication
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.