QPS Employment - Janesville, WI
Position Title: Machine Operator
Wage: $11.50-$11.75 per hour
Shift: 1st, 2nd
Hours: 5:00am-3:30pm; 3:00pm-1:00am
Looking for an opportunity at an innovative and highly respected company? QPS has the perfect position for you. This temp to hire machine operator position will give you the chance to show your strong work ethic, great attitude and awesome attendance to get hire directly. This long standing Janesville company is known for providing their valued employees with an environment in which they can learn, grow, achieve success, and participate in the success of our common vision.
Apply today to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment
- Observe woven cloth to detect weaving defects
- Thread yarn, thread, and fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines for weaving knitting, or other processing
- Insert fabric to top of machines that will perform both shearing and knitting process
- Remove fabric from shearing machine and place in appropriate area
- Trim excess material or cut threads off finished products using scissors
- May be operating bailer machine in picking department to bail mixed fabric into bails; will also insert bands into bailer machine
- Snip bands off of bails and toss fluff into back of carding machines keeping them full
- Pulling long yards of fabric out of knitting machines
- Remove roving rolls from carding machine bags and place on carts
- May operate tumbling machines
- Transfer material from one department to another
- Spread out materials and examine them for holes, tears, worn areas, and other defects
- Start and stop operation of machines using levers or buttons
- Must be able to stand entire 10-12-hour shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, twist or stoop frequently throughout shift
- Visual acuity to include close/distance vision, ability to distinguish colors, numbers, and fabric
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a very hot/humid environment up to 110 degrees
- Available upon hire
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.