PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Labor and Delivery Per Diem for a per diem, Night shift position.
Req ID: 173616
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Must have completed (within last two years) or completed formal fetal monitoring program within orientation period.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting:
- Labor & Delivery: Minimum 1 year labor and delivery nursing experience within last 2 years or completed a labor and delivery intern program for labor and delivery area.
- May have equivalent cmbination of education and/or experience for all of the above areas.
- Labor & Delivery: 2 years labor and delivery nursing experience preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 60 days of hire.
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) preferred.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC) preferred.
- International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) preferred.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $38.98, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Nursing ||Perinatal & Pediatric Services Nursing || Per Diem/Relief || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.