Laron - Phoenix, AZ
Laron's 30 year+ success story in heavy industrial machining and maintenance is made possible by the talent and dedication of our Employee Owners. As a Prospective Owner, you will have a responsibility and stake in “keeping our customers in motion.” We maintain a business culture based on safety, integrity, and quality service and our success demands an ongoing team commitment to these core values.
We are looking for welders proficient enough to pass radiography testing in all positions in two or more of the following processes:
- Stick SMAW Structural
- Stick SMAW Pipe
- Stick 6010-7018
- Tig GTAW Structural
- Tig GTAW Pipe
- Mig GMAW-Pipe
- Mig GMAW-Structural
- Wire-feed FCAW Pipe
- Wire-feed FCAW Structural
General welder requirements:
- Understanding and Interpretation of Welding Procedures and Specifications
- Identify different filler materials and uses,
- Read basic shop sketches and drawings,
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Layout components per Drawings and Specifications with minimal supervision
- Weld out components in accordance with Qualified Weld Procedures and Specifications
- Work in a safe and productive manner at all times while adhering to Laron Safety Policies
- Perform Safety audits of work area
- Perform / Assist in the performance of preventive maintenance of all shop equipment
- Maintain Minimum Took List
- Maintain personal welder PPE
Looking for welders to have a variety of these skills and abilities, but not required to have all.
- Perform tube weld on shop mock up of tube to header weld
- Read and interpret difficult isometric drawings and blue prints accurately complete,
- Complete Q.A. welding packages with minimum supervision.
- Weld with all sizes of wire and be able to set up machines for the same
- Identify different types of wire and uses and horizontal saw
- Troubleshoot and repair fabrication shop tools
- Set up and operate oxygen acetylene equipment,
- Operate pattern torch
- Operate Arc Gouging Equipment
- Operate hand held Plasma Cutting Torch
- Set up operate and align equipment on the weld positioning equipment
- Troubleshoot weld positioners
- Fit Up components per Drawings and Specifications with minimal supervision
- Operate some of the following equipment: Cranes, Rolls, Press Break, Shear weld positioning equipment, furnace, Horizontal press, etc.
- Operate Mobile Equipment to include Fork Lifts, Man Lifts, etc.
- Perform Rigging Operations of large components
- Set up Large Components on weld positioning equipment
- Pipe Fitting (Simple and Complex Systems)
- Complete dye penetrant testing
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- During customer site visits, exposure to wide variety of potential hazards that require following extensive, customer mandated safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work includes the need for finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, multi-limb coordination and manual dexterity
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.