PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Occupational Therapist - Home Health (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 174177
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart’s Home Health team is seeking a passionate Occupational Therapist to help our diverse patient population reach their goals! You will have the opportunity to work in the patient’s own environment engaging family and caregivers.
Our multi-disciplinary Home Health team consists of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, RN’s, Medical Social Workers, Registered Dietitians and Bath Aides. Our dynamic team meets regularly providing the opportunity to collaborate with supportive peers to coordinate care and achieve optimal outcomes.
Live, work and play in Eugene/Springfield, which is tucked in the lush Willamette Valley, just one hour from the coast and the mountains. We enjoy mild weather, and are the third largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival.
PeaceHealth proudly offers:
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Continuing Education
Occupational Therapists participate in the evaluation and treatment of patients, determining plan-of-care and treatment goals appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Evaluates assigned patients, gathers data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members. - Performs initial evaluation of patient/home and applies criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice occupational therapy services.
- Participates personally in the evaluation and treatment of patients, and establishes a treatment plan and goal for each patient.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional gatherings as indicated by the manager,
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. Acts as liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records.
- Recommends and develops new services and programs in collaboration with staff.
- May work with OT student affiliation programs.
- May supervise COTAs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS, Masters, or doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college required.
- One year experience as Occupational Therapist preferred.
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library resource appropriately.
- Home Health experience preferred.
- Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) preferred
- Certified, licensed or registered as required by State in which performs clinical practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient’s condition and exercise independent judgment
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network - Sacred Heart Home Health Services and Peace Harbor Home Health:
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons North Building (428)
Job Category: Rehab Therapies
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Occupational Therapist - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.