PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Speech Pathologist - Home Health (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 174178
Responsible for evaluating and treating speech, language communicative, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with patients according to the principles and practices and within the scope of Speech and Language Pathology. Works as part of a team to restore function, prevent disability, and assist patients to maximize their potential and assists with smooth, efficient operation of the department, program development, and quality monitoring and marketing activities.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice speech/language therapy services, and reviews and revises evaluations as clinically indicated.
- Establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Provide skilled speech/language therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Documentation and recordkeeping in accordance regulatory and departmental standards.
- Perform skilled assessments and, as clinically indicated, modifies and coordinates the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, primary physician, cans manager and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluate the patient/home environment as related to the level of functional loss/ability and holistic healthcare needs and makes appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indication in collaboration with the case manager and the primary physician.
- Reassessment, updating of plan of care and discharging of patient, as appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities including training and supervising SLP students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate (MA or MS) or Doctorate of a Speech and Language Pathology program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association required.
- A minimum of one year speech pathologist experience required; geriatric experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Speech Pathology license from state you will be practicing in
- Certificate of clinical competence in the area of Speech-Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA, AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance may be required.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer skills required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Minimum of two year experience as a Speech Pathologist required.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Florence community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Florence, Physician & Surgeons North Building (428)
Job Category: Rehab Therapies
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Speech Pathologist - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.