QPS Employment - Mount Pleasant, IA
Position Title: Production
Wage: $12.00-$12.30 per hour
Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Hours: 8 hour shifts
Are you tired of the same old boring job? The job where you can't move up any further then the position you are in. We have an opportunity for you! This company not only knows the importance of taking care of their employees, but also taking care of a small piece of the world. This facility sends extra/unused product to be converted into dog food, they have sorting bins in every location and office of all sorted waste, they even have a market where employees can get products they make for a discounted cost! How great is this small difference? If you would like to be a part of this team we even provide transportation out of Burlington for 1st and 2nd shift. If you don't need the transportation we can still offer you a job that is a temp to hire production position on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. Come join a world changing team and apply today!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lift log of meat out of container and put through sanitation conveyor then slice casing off of meat with required tool.
- Load meat that has casing removed to a cart for slicing.
- Pick up sliced meat from conveyor belt, place sliced meat into molder, and make sure edges that will be sealed are free of product.
- Collect excess bags of odd meat, take bags by cart to machine, lay bag flat on machine, seal bags by pushing button, and then label bag and document accordingly.
- Visually inspect meat for any abnormalities.
- Open folded boxes to place packages in, place required amount of packages into box, label boxes, then slide/lift boxes onto conveyor belt or place on pallets.
- Dispose of non-quality meat properly.
- General Housekeeping.
- Must be able to reach, bend, grasp, and push on a frequent, repetitive basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs non-repetitive.
- Must be able to work at line speed with the ability to make coordinated hand and finger movements.
- Must be able to stand up to 8-10 hours.
- Must be able to work in cold (35 to 40 degrees) temperatures.
- Must be open and able to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Must pass QPS screening process.
- Must welcome change and have a continuous improvement state of mind.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other team members.
- Transportation available to work.
- Hire on bonus once completing 480 hours.
- More available once hired.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.