Homechef - Bedford Park, IL
Home Chef is a rapidly growing meal kit delivery service, fueled by our customer-first mentality and incredible team. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
The Quality Control Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the work of the quality control team on all shifts for the quality control of food assembly lines. Main responsibilities include leading core Quality Control functions including portioning, meal bagging, final box verification, managing schedules, training and developing, and work assignments across shifts.
Reporting & Planning
- Monitor daily and weekly responsibilities for QC Supervisors, QC Associates and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities
- Responsible for the development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual schedules
- Responsible for Quality Labor Optimization at the site
- Oversee the preparation of the QC Supervisor Recap; document any issues and work with the FSQA Manager, Food Safety Specialist and Quality Management Specialist for resolution
- Ensures all necessary documentation for incident reporting is completed
- Implement and oversee all Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensures all necessary documentation of quality control checks are completed
- Lead core Quality Control functions including portioning, meal bagging, and final box verification, managing work assignments across shifts and developing a team of Supervisors, Leads and Associates
- Partner with Corporate Operations Analytics Manager on development, implementation and training for new Quality Control applications
- Partner with Procurement and Warehouse teams to ensure incoming products are inspected per supplier quality receiving SOP
- Oversee training programming for QC, holding Training Lead accountable for delivering all components of the QC Associate Training program to new QC Associates
- Train, coach and empower QC Supervisor, Quality Associates and Leads
- Lead performance review and corrective action meetings for QC Supervisor, QC Associates and Leads
Attitude and Attendance
- Arrives to work at scheduled time and follows time off request procedure
- Communicates with co-workers in a professional manner
- Treats co-workers with respect at all times
- Employs effective teamwork skills to collaborate with Production
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum Associate’s degree
- 3+ years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English is required and fluency Spanish preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required with at least 2 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments
- Ability to use, maintenance, and interpret results of laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Previous experience with GFSI, FDA, and USDA inspections, programs, and expectations
- Certifications: SQF, PCQI, HACCP, and ServeSafe Manager at time of hire or within 6 months of position
- Must be able to attain ServSafe Manager certification within 30 days of hire
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment:
- Laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Computer and related software
- Automated and manual filling and weighing equipment.
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.