PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Vascular Technologist - Lab (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 174146
Responsible for performing diagnostic non-invasive vascular examinations using a variety of ultrasound equipment. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images.
1. Performs diagnostic vascular studies on the patient.
2. Provides preliminary analysis and report to the physician.
3. Maintains daily log of patients seen and completes appropriate paperwork/exam billing forms and logs charges.
4. Maintains ultrasound equipment, work areas and makes sure there are adequate supplies.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited vascular technology program or equivalent required.
- Two years clinical experience in a Vascular Lab in similar position preferred.
- RVT or ARDMS required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Independent and critical thinking skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull objects weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Vascular Technologist
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Technician / Technologist || Per Diem/Relief || SURGICAL SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.