PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist - Cath Lab for a per diem, Day shift position. Offering up to $10,000 for relocation.
Req ID: 174970
Uses a variety of specialized equipment in assisting the physician in the performance of all invasive procedures resulting in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
1. Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings.
2. Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections, and flushing catheters.
3. Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
4. Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
5. Prepares and maintains sterile field.
6. Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Graduate from an approved Radiology Technology Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job and obtain required certification, licensure and registration.
- Two years of clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Lab required or equivalent.
- Prefer previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for a radiologic technologist (see Location Specific Notes for PHSW).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ALCS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Washington: Current ARRT or RCIS and if an ARRT must have either RCIS or ARRT – CC must be obtained within 1 year from date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy.
- Ability to interact within a variable environment; good team dynamics.
- Ability to multi-task and self-lead problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate precision and flexibility.
Region/Location Specific Notes:
PHSW: Current ARRT required. RCIS or ARRT - CC preferred.
SOUTWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $34.64, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; Basic Life Support
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Technician / Technologist || Per Diem/Relief || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.