DraftKings - Boston, MA
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
BUILDING THE POSSIBILITIES.
As a Senior Architect for the Backend, you'll be part of our Architecture team where you'll work closely with senior engineers, architects and our product teams leading the push for standards and processes that bring consistency and interoperability between our different products and services. You'll work with our Director of Architecture to implement the technology roadmap and lead long-term initiatives where you'll drive POCs to explore new technologies and patterns. You'll also have the opportunity to guide other engineers and architects in growing their knowledge of scalable architecture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A SENIOR ARCHITECT:
- Help lead the definition and implementation of the standards, guidelines and architectural reviews
- Provide project oversight, code and design review leadership
- Work very closely with our Director of Architecture implementing the roadmap and in leading POCs
- Hands on coding and whiteboard-session leadership
- Lead the maintenance, implementation and improvement of the core infrastructure components
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be componentized for company-wide reuse
WHAT SKILLS YOU WILL USE:
- The ability to lead by influence rather than by directing
- Experience architecting and implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, cloud-based distributed systems - preferably in the public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins/Octopus/Bamboo, ELK
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#
- Experience with technologies and patterns such as circuit-breaking, backpressure/streaming and message queues, distributed caching
- The ability to understand, debug and improve complex asynchronous code
- An understanding of data pipelines, lineage and preferably some experience with technologies such as databricks, data factory, AWS Data Pipeline, apache atlas, spark
- An understanding of the different data structures/systems such as No-SQL vs SQL/relational, data lakes, data warehouses and how/when each might be appropriate
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.