PeaceHealth - Friday Harbor, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician Lead - Pharmacy for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours. Relocation Assistance & Sign On Bonus offered.
Req ID: 175275
***Relocation Assistance & Sign On Bonus offered***
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert..
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
3. Answer telephones When appropriate and within legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
4. Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
5. Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
6. Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
7. Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
8. Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
9. Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
10. Data enters patient charges and credits.
11. Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
12. Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. See section below for varied requirements.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Graduation from, or completion of, a Pharmacy Commission-approved technician training program.
- For initial licensure, must show proof of passing a board-approved national standardized Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires frequent normal physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs up to 33% of the time.
- Work requires exposure to sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments.
- Work requires use of PPE including gloves, gown and face mask.
Referral Bonus Eligible
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Friday Harbor community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Friday Harbor, Peace Island Medical Center (221)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Pharmacy Tech - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Friday Harbor || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Pharmacy Services || Full Time || OTHER ANCILLARY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.