PeaceHealth - Portland, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking Respiratory Therapists for opportunities in Oregon & Washington.
Join our friendly Respiratory Therapy team an enjoy a rewarding and collaborative work environment surrounded by the unmatched beauty and lifestyle of the Pacific Northwest. Full-time, part-time and per-diem opportunities are available to suit a healthy work/life balance. Work with and help our neighbors live healthier, happier lives.
We currently have hospital and clinic opportunities in the following locations:
- Bellingham, WA
- Vancouver, WA
- Springfield, OR
- Florence, OR
PeaceHealth, based in the Northwest, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
PeaceHealth proudly offers:
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation, robust medical, dental & retirement benefits
- PTO with no waiting period
- Mission driven quality care
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
1. Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
2. Inpatient respiratory care only: Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
3. Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
4. Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
5. Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (e.g. began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above. Please note may obtain within 6 months of hire to obtain it, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
- Two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- One year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
- Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
- Good time management skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Additional Essential Functions of RTs in Hospital (inpatient):
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidence-based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
Ketchikan Medical Center:
- ACLS required for staff conducting stress tests.
- Therapists perform EEGs.
Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- NRP certification must be obtained within 3 months of date of hire.
Southwest Washington Medical Center:
- NRP certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Group:
- CPFT or RPFT certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of electronic EMR’s and EPIC.
- Knowledge of Medgraphic equipment a plus.
Sacred Heart Medical Center - RiverBend and University District:
- Sleep Center: RPSGT certification required within 2 years of hire.
- ACLS required for resource therapists within AICU and University District primary therapists
- NRP certification required for therapists working in the NICU.
- Therapists who have completed the SHMC-University District (UD) transport training are eligible to provide care during UD transports.
Sacred Heart Medical Center - RiverBend – additional responsibilities of shift Lead therapist: Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments and ensures optimal patient outcomes.
- Acts as a clinical resource on procedures and standards for staff and physicians. Monitors staff compliance.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
United General Medical Center:
- ACLS and BLS required at time of hire
- PALS and NRP preferred
St John Medical Center:
- ACLS – must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NRP certification – must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS - must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- PALS, ACLS, and BLS are all required upon hire
- NRP certification must be obtained within 6 months of date of hire.
PHMG Bellingham, Sedro Woolley - Pulmonary Clinic:
- Performs job function specific to outpatient Pulmonary Respiratory care specific to diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery. Will not perform job functions specific to inpatient respiratory care such as bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draws and analytics, advanced airway and life support.
- Position performs pulmonary function testing which includes PFT’s, walking tests, and methacholine challenges.
- Registered NBRC (National Board for Respiratory Care) Respiratory Therapist certification required upon hire. CPFT (Certified Pulmonary Function Test) certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of current electronic EMR’s systems.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Portland community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Portland, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Other
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $27.32, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Respiratory Care Practitioner - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.