DraftKings - New York, NY
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
The paralegal will be responsible for assisting the legal team by performing both key day-to-day functions and special projects primarily related to contract preparation, review and management, financings, general administrative support, and more.
What you'll do as a Paralegal:
- Assist with maintenance and management of corporate books and records and various routine state filings.
- Create and manage organizational documents for subsidiaries, including articles of incorporation or dissolution, stock certificates, and merger agreements.
- Assist with paperwork required by various regulatory authorities.
- With direction from a supervising attorney, draft customer agreements and correspondence; coordinate approvals and signatures of documents.
- Assist with management of company contract templates.
- Manage contract execution and filing process.
- Perform legal research on an "as needed" basis.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Must have excellent computer skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team, in a fast-paced environment; must be a self-starter able to work well under pressure.
- Some knowledge of laws impacting fantasy sports and regulated gaming businesses.
- Experience processing and reviewing legal invoices and bills.
- Paralegal certificate/coursework not required.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.