PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking candidates for a Pharmacy Manager role at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a full-time, exempt position, that will be working Variable shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Relocation Assistance is available.
Vancouver, Washington is located across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Enjoy big city life or the serene countryside with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural amenities. Enjoy the benefit of no state income tax!
Req ID: 175171
Under the direction of the Director Pharmacy Services, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational and clinical activities of the Pharmacy to ensure the Pharmacy provides optimal services on a daily basis. The manager facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies.
- Supervise staff and give technical direction, monitor and prioritize workflow.
- Assist in the selection, training, development and evaluation of staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing and effective utilization of resources.
- Work with Director to assure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Establish and employ quality assurance indicators to determine the effectiveness of the staff in delivering pharmacy services.
- Assist Director in establishing policies and procedures to address patient needs in response to direct observation, input from other departments, or information gathered through literature review, professional meetings and networking.
- Training staff on new and established procedures.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings to represent Pharmacy and offer input on drug related issues.
- Serve as resource person for inventory/contracts/purchasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Pharmacy required. Pharm D preferred.
- Minimum of five years pharmacy experience, two of which are in a supervisory capacity. Hospital experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal/state pharmaceutical codes, rules, regulations, laws and procedures applicable to the profession.
- Current licensed registered Pharmacist in the state in which you will be working required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient use of computer including MS Office applications
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other healthcare team members
- Demonstrated leadership skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Pharmacist - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Leadership || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.