PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking a stellar Neurologist for the St. John Medical Center in beautiful Longview, Washington!
Req ID: 132194
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an exceptional Neurologist to practice at the St. John Medical Center located in Longview, Washington. Providers in our community give compassionate care to a challenging, diverse patient population of all ages. You’ll have the opportunity make a difference in an undeserved community and impact growth and development of the Neurology services.
This is a General Neurology practice and has flexibility for someone with a sub specialization interest.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Catchment area of nearly 200K with a dynamic patient population
- 4 days per week plus call. Call is 1:4 and mostly by phone
- 10-12 patient per day
- 90% outpatient, 10% inpatient with on-call consultations
- Telestroke program utilization
- Robust internal referral system plus community referral base
- Close vicinity and partnership to our larger, sister hospital in Vancouver
- Candidates with experience in EMG/NCS, Botox Injections, and EEG readings highly desired
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- In 2012, Forbes listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America not only because of proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens, but due to their beautiful local parks.
- Because Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. The area has many locally owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Macy’s, JCPenny’s, Target, Home Depot and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, new housing well below the increasingly inflated prices of the nearby metros.
- Longview is the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Longview is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage along with a nurse phone- triage team.
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k.
A few benefits of working with PeaceHealth:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- Educational Loan Repayment program for those who qualify
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Seth A Lidren.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Longview, LCR Delaware Campus (103)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Longview || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || SPECIALTY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.