PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator in our Oregon Network (Sacred Heart Medical Center, Riverbend) for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 175563
Acts as a Clinical Education generalist or may be assigned to a specific unit(s)/department. Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the network and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support and inter-professional orientation, in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency and attainment of standards of care for direct care within patient care services, PHMG and or Ambulatory care Services. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing, professional practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
- Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those requiring remediation to meet competency expectations.
- Researches best practice to promote evidence-based practice.
- Assesses caregiver engagement, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness to achieve clinical excellence.
- Ensures training and competency are documented using standard tools and learning management systems (LMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- MSN or M.Ed. preferred.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- ACLS required at date of hire
- CCRN preferred
NICU and Women’s Service Educator:
- NRP required at date of hire
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $43.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Nursing || Other - Nursing || Full Time || HUMAN RESOURCES
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.