Talbots - Murray, UT
The Talbots Training Store Manager is an existing, high-performing store manager at Talbots who has a strong team of their own with a history of successfully developing others. The Training Store Manager will be responsible for; supporting the learning journey of new Store Managers as an assigned peer coach, acting as a resource to existing SMs who are onboarding Sales & Ops Managers on an as-needed basis, supporting the rollout of larger initiatives to the field, and assisting with identifying training gaps updates needed to existing tools/resources. The Training Store Manager will continue to be responsible for running his/her store as his/her primary focus.
- Train new Store leaders, deliver individual and group training sessions, covering all expected duties & responsibilities of the role.
- Embodies the leadership skills needed to attract and build a high-performance team.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional service contributes in growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers, Talbots associates and the community.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistency in Talbots standards through coaching, mentoring and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization (Store team, DD, RVP, Corporate partners), a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Proficient in time management and strong facilitation and speaking skills.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to communicate and facilitate key concepts to peer coaches and new leaders.
- Willing and able to allocate 10% - 20% of time to training-based initiatives annually.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire store team as well as peer coaches and new store leaders. This includes onboarding new talent, sharing cultural and business philosophies, leading others through key business events and activities, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Sets the example through supporting and driving all company initiatives.
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors to drive customer loyalty and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage the performance appraisal process and address performance/disciplinary/termination actions when required.
- Minimum of four years of leadership experience preferred. Specialty retailing experience preferred.
- Able to effectively select, lead and develop a team of 15-30 associates.
- Strong sales experience required with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Flexible to occasional travel.
- Open to relocating for opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.