PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Behavioral Health Clinician - Crisis Mental Health Evaluator (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position; including weekends, holidays, and filling in for PTO/sick calls.
We are seeking an experienced, highly skilled clinician to work per diem on our Crisis Team in our Emergency Departments. Our ideal candidate will have previous ED and/or hospital crisis experience, excellent communication skills, a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a team environment, and strong EMR computer skills.
Req ID: 174801
Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service delivery of behavioral health consumers across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources; and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. Provide services to consumers with commercial insurance and Medicaid.
- Provides individual, family, group and multi-family group therapy to patients with complex diagnostic presentations and treatment needs.
- Provides clinical leadership to team of masters’ and bachelors’ level clinical and student interns.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and their self-identified natural supports.
- Evaluates and provides interventions to improve a patient’s cognitive, social, vocational, spiritual, and emotional functioning, utilizing natural and community supports when possible.
- Provides urgent/crisis evaluations, interventions, and safety planning.
- Together with consumer and natural supports, identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the treatment plan.
- May provide case management, coordination with other treatment agencies or outside support services, outreach and engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Masters’ in Social Work (MSW), Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in behavioral health.
- Experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex mental health conditions.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to bachelors’ and masters’ level clinicians preferred.
- License in Counseling, Marriage and Family or related field.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Proficiency with DSM-5 diagnoses and best practice treatment interventions for a variety of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Knowledge and adherence to ethical guidelines for behavioral health clinical practice.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and documenting in electronic medical records.
- Effective prioritization skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Crisis/Consult:
- Responsible for evaluating patients experiencing a mental health crisis to determine appropriate levels of care including psychiatric hospitalization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced emergency room and medical floor setting with a multi-disciplinary team.
- QMHP required.
- CADC preferred.
- Ability to supervise CSWA’s towards licensure preferred.
- Strong diagnostic, evaluation, and crisis intervention skills required.
UNIVERSITY DISTRICT PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $29.97, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Behavioral Health/Social Work || Per Diem/Relief || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.