PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 174342
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols.
- Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provide assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides courtesy services such as providing directions, locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of crisis.
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
- Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of patients and/or visitors.
- Responsible for coordinating information, clarification of events and coordinating emergency protocols which may require collaboration with external safety and law enforcement agencies.
- Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure, Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
- May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift NW transports and securing landing the pad.
- Responsible for adhering to protocols; completing, filing and maintaining correct documentation, filing reports, monitoring visitor permits, and assists with maintaining building access control by utilizing the computerized badge/door system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years security, military or police experience is required.
- Healthcare facility security experience and self-defense experience is preferred.
- BLS Certification upon hire.
- Valid Driver’s License for the State hired to perform duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Ability to perform data entry as necessary
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Access, and Excel
- Must have acceptable driving record and maintain that level in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Whatcom Region Only:
- May be responsible for maintaining building access control through programming, troubleshooting and data entry into badge access system. Creates and issues ID badges. Assigns security access as determined. This position will program and remove access cards from a predetermined data set within the electronic access system. Trains and works within the infant abduction, access, and alarm systems.
- May be responsible for developing required reports and providing monthly regulatory audits as required. Maintains department website and assists in security research projects as needed.
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to assist in managing violent, uncontrollable persons.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $18.99, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Drivers License
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Environmental Services/Facilities || Per Diem/Relief || FACILITIES SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.