PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
At PeaceHealth our vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. PeaceHealth Family Medicine of Southwest Washington Residency Program (FMSW) is seeking a passionate physician to join the faculty and practice within the Residency Clinic and PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. FMSW is a 25 year running program with founders still leading the longitudinal curriculum. FMSW is unopposed, community-based, and University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington. It is a part of the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network and sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. For more information about PeaceHealth Family Medicine of Southwest Washington Residency Program, please click here: https://www.peacehealth.org/family-medicine-residency
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join 24 residents, 21 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level III Medical Home with embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- See 16-18 patients/day per clinic session. 0.5 FTE in Clinic and 0.5 FTE Teaching
- ~9-10 weeks annually of inpatient rounding: Adults, Newborns, Pediatrics, Maternity Precepting beside with residents
- Quality, Curriculum, Clinic project development based on interest and clinic/program needs
- Clinic Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm and 1:6 weekend call shared between faculty
Here is why you should experience Vancouver, Washington:
- Vancouver is a robust city with over 174,000 residents and you will be in a community voted as the most friendly walking & bicycling city in the United States! The city is known for its naturally beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor recreation, diverse cuisine, art walks, contemporary boutiques, and a vibrant farmers market- all nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains on the north bank of the Columbia River. 2018 will showcase Vancouver’s new 7.3 acre waterfront park that will feature shopping, dining, housing units, professional office space, water sports access, parks and a 90 cable pier overlooking the Columbia River.
- Sports fanatic? Cheer for professional basketball, soccer, and baseball organizations. You will also take allegiance to many of the flagship universities just a quick drive away!
- Home to a community of strong education and high scoring schools. Many high schools were given top accolades in the state of Washington.
- Just 10 minutes away from Portland International Airport and Washington state has no income tax!
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employers in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 275,000 outpatient clinic visits
- Over 850 active medical staff members with most specialty services provided locally and 3200 caregivers
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC EMR
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
- Excellent health coverage options plus vision and dental
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Provider Recruiter Kim L Dianich.
Phone: (360) 729-1409
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers. Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Referral Bonus Eligible
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.