Indigo - Memphis, TN
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com.
The Transportation Coordinator position will support tactical freight execution activities for all Indigo crops and will interact directly with key internal and external stakeholders. A natural curiosity, drive for continuous improvement, and strong collaboration and problem-solving skills are required.
- Successfully manage 50+ loads per day
- Resolve shipment issues within 24 hours
- Develop relationships with logistics suppliers and customers for seamless execution of daily shipments
- Achieve 99% OTD (on time delivery) for all shipments per plan for committed shipments to customers
- Support Logistics Supervisors for reports and issue resolution same day
- Play an active role in process improvement by providing recommendations
- Serve as the source of truth for all areas of responsibilities
- Understands and embodies Indigo’s purpose and core values
Attributes and Competencies:
- Ability to analyze problems and execute corrective measures
- Works well cross-functionally; great team player
- Passionate about Indigo values and mission
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to build strong rapport in professional manner, both internally and externally
- Great decision maker under pressure
- Works well in fast-paced environment
- Ability to shift priorities based on daily needs
- Ability to anticipate issues and work to mitigate issues and impacts for on-time execution and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background of working within Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and ERP systems
- Minimum of 2 years of Logistics experience
- Associate Degree with relevant experience of 2+ years; or a Bachelor degree
- Working knowledge of transportation industry regulatory bodies and requirements
- Knowledge and experience with DOT regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience managing multiple 3PL accounts
- Knowledge of FSMA a plus
- Experience with truck, rail and freight modes
- Lives in Memphis, TN (preferred)
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.