PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Social Worker AHP - BH O/P Health & Hosp Services (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 175709
The Clinical Social Worker coordinates the development and implementation of a patient care/treatment plan through use of diagnosis and clinical assessment of psychiatric, chemical dependency and psychosocial needs as they relate to medical and behavioral care needs. Provides disposition and discharge planning, risk assessment, case management, and coordination of services to provide continuity of care.
- The Clinical Social Worker completes appropriate intake documentation, provides ongoing assessment, develops treatment plan in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary treatment team. The Clinical Social Worker also manages multiple complicated cases, maintains current knowledge of ever-changing community resources, monitors patient needs and progress, develops aftercare plans. Maintains documentation on patient throughout hospitalization.
- Conducts therapeutic sessions with patients and/or families, as well as community staffings, in coordination with the physician and treatment team. Works as in integral member of the treatment team in the provision of treatment and aftercare planning.
- Ensures compliance with privacy and confidentiality laws. Interfaces regularly with legal entities to address treatment needs.
Assists with monitoring and evaluation of services provided for department quality improvement plan.
Maintains current understanding of issues related to culture, ethnicity, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion and utilizes appropriate communication skills.
Provides information, education and direction in response to community requests.
Regularly accesses pharmaceutical and community resources to provide patients with needed psychiatric medications.
Provides instruction, training and supervision for graduate level social work students. Also provides clinical supervision toward licensure for CSWA’s. Must maintain current licensure through continuing education. Must uphold all ethics, rules and regulations required by the Clinical Board.
Diagnoses, assesses and addresses both mental health and chemical dependency conditions. Performs risk assessments for suicidality, homicidality and grave disability.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of social work.
- Must attend PROACT (crisis management) training provided by hospital.
- Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance requirements as these relate to continuing care.
- Two or more years of clinical experience with designated population; hospital, emergency room, chemical dependency, or community agency experience preferred.
- Must have LCSW, LICSW, or must have CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate) status.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and conditions as these impact discharge needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess superior ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to document on electronic record
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Oregon West Network:
- Minimum of two years of experience required.
- Must have LCSW or CSWA status (working toward licensure).
Oregon West Network – Outpatient:
- Must obtain a Medicare Provider number which allows for billing of counseling services.
SACRED HEART MEDICAL CENTER/UNIVERSITY DISTRICT - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, Support Services Building (414)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $29.97, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Behavioral Health/Social Work || Per Diem/Relief || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.