PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Cardiovascular Services for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 175579
Directs, controls and is accountable for Cardiovascular Services and clinical nursing operations. Develops long and short- term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Overall operational responsibility for Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Endo-Vascular, Interventional Neuro, Electrophysiology Services, Cath Prep & Recovery, Structural Heart Program, Cardiovascular OR, OHVI 4 & 5, Nurse Coordinators, reports distribution and administrative support.
Provides leadership and oversees the implementation of new programs, procedures and efficiency improvement initiatives. Collaborates with other members of the leadership team to assure timely execution of organizational goals and objectives. Responsible to meet business needs in the assigned area. Emphasis is put on financial monitoring; strategic planning and implementation; operational excellence, caregiver engagement, and patient experience.
- Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, process and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with senior leadership and physicians.
- Responsible for budgetary, fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, department managers, staff and customers.
- Leads and influences teams and caregivers to actively participate in continuous improvement efforts and develops a culture for change within and between departments.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and best practices in the industry and leads the implementation of new processes, procedures, IS interfaces and equipment.
- Participates in strategic planning and is a key partner in its implementation. Takes responsibility for developing and implementing the strategic plan and annual goals for their team(s).
- Promotes change, facilitates redesign, and implements systems and processes to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and accreditation within all programs and clinical units.
- Serves as a consultant for nursing to ensure practice and standards are current and that care is delivered across the continuum.
- Provide nursing leadership on issues including patient safety, healthcare quality, emerging technology and innovation. Maintain alignment with regional direction on these issues.
- Manage operational units as assigned including providing leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, fiscal accountability, operational effectiveness, and positive relations with other departments, members of the medical staff, physician practices and all stakeholders within scope and span of control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure is required
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Strong analytical and process skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write effective business plans.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $TBD, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: None
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Leadership || Nursing Leadership || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.