PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst - Information Security for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 176026
Serves as a senior expert in cybersecurity defense, engineering and planning. Assists with coordination of day-to-day cybersecurity engineering and defense. Assists Manager with completion of cybersecurity engineering activities, tracking tasks, managing schedules and cyber incident response efforts. Analyzes cyber events to identify threats and leads defensive actions. Assists in developing the goals, strategy and methodologies of the PeaceHealth cyber defense program. Prepares detailed briefings of past encounters, creates and delivers presentations on current cyber defense topics to PeaceHealth caregivers and community members.
- Leads engineering and implementation of new information security systems and controls, delivering effective and pragmatic risk-prioritized solutions to pressing cybersecurity problems Supports development, design, implementation, integration, and on-going maintenance of systems, applications, processes, security solutions and technologies, based on business and technical requirements.
- Assists in scheduling, allocation of work and determination of priorities. Provides leadership, technical assistance, monitors quality of work, and monitors team projects. Trains and mentors junior team members. Makes recommendations on appropriate staff and manager-level training for the maintenance and enhancement of cybersecurity at PeaceHealth.
- Analyzes data from information technology and cyber defense tools to identify potential threats and defend PeaceHealth against all forms of deception and attack. Actively monitors network activity to thwart potentially damaging activities.
- Protects PeaceHealth’s information, information systems, networks and all related people by analyzing public and private information sources to develop effective defensive techniques. Remediates exploits based upon past history and works to predict types of attacks most likely to occur in the future.
- Leads design and implementation of security response automation, integrating various information and cyber defense tools using scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python to create fast, intelligent responses to common and/or critical cyber incidents.
- Maintains and administers tools used to defend PeaceHealth against cyberattack and data loss.
- Participates in the development of plans and techniques to mitigate vulnerabilities and improve defenses. Actively participates in developing the goals, strategy and methodologies of the PeaceHealth cyber defense program in alignment with the overall Information Security program strategy.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field preferred. Equivalent knowledge, training, education, and/or experience may substitute for degree.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Ten years information security experience required.
- Direct experience securing cloud-based Microsoft offerings highly preferred.
- Technical experience in a multi-datacenter environment with critical, non-stop enterprise applications running in virtual server environments is highly preferred.
- Health Information experience preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
- GCIH preferred
- GCFA preferred
- CompTIA CASP preferred
- CISSP preferred
- GNFA preferred
- GPEN preferred
- GSEC – GIAC Security Essentials preferred
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS /
- Knowledge of endpoint protection, intrusion detection, security event monitors, secure proxies, firewalls and other security devices/tools.
- Knowledge of incident response methodologies.
- Knowledge of hardware and operating systems.
- Knowledge of large-scale server virtualization.
- Knowledge of applications and data management tools.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics and techniques.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, ethics and privacy principles, along with related regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms, cryptography, and key management
- Knowledge of IAM technologies (Directories, SSO, SCIM, etc.)
- Ability to collect and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Ability to interpret the information collected by network tools, such as Traceroute, Ping, packet captures, etc.
- Ability to analyze and categorize vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Ability to organize, standardize, and manage detailed information.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in and between teams.
- Ability to prioritize, managing multiple competing work efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating, and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative, or technical nature.
- Strong self-motivation.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || IT & Health Information Management || Full Time || RISK MANAGEMENT
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.