Green Pearl Conferences - Dallas, TX
This is a remote-work position; you must be able to work from home or co-working location.
This is an independent contractor position with potential to grow into a salaried position.
The sales assistant supports the event sponsorship sales team through handling post-sale administrative and client coordination tasks. The primary goal of the position is to ensure our clients receive all necessary tools and information for their selected sponsorship and all communication with clients has been handled completely and flawlessly. Other tasks include ensuring we’ve done all we promised to do for each client, reporting on results and inventory for each event. The role is an entry level position that can lead to a leadership position, sales rep position or position in other departments.
The sales assistant is essential to the proper functioning of the sponsorship sales department, acting as the person who crosses all the t's and dots all the i's for the sales reps to ensure that internal and external coordination and all related communications runs smoothly and perfectly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The role is a remote work / work from home position requiring that the candidate not only have the proper office setup available but also be a self-starter who jumps right in each day. You will be working with a number of sales reps, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, tailoring your support to each person's unique situation.
Daily communication with the team via email, chat, and phone is key to staying on top of activity and updates. The role involves a high volume of work that needs to be completed promptly and without error.
Some of the day to day tasks include:
- Process all new sales in company database
- Send invoices, keep track of payments and alert sales reps on any issues
- Update database with new information, including correcting errors
- Connect clients with other departments as needed
- Send out communication to clients regarding the events they are involved in
- Check in with clients periodically to ensure they have up to date information
- Keep track of inventory and alert sales reps on low inventory
- Liaise between other departments and sales reps
- Collaborate with other departments to assist in the prep phase before an event
- Regularly review marketing materials to ensure our clients are listed properly
- Compile and report post event debrief documents
- Travel to events around the country to help in any capacity onsite (optional)
Qualifications and Skills:
- This is a work from home position so you need to have your own working computer, appropriate work space and solid internet and phone connection.
- Ability to use all manner of online software, including Salesforce, G Suite, Yesware, Eventbrite and Monday.com
- Attention to detail and ability to customize your next steps based on the specific situation
- Perfect grammar and spelling; flawless written communication
- Excellent organization skills, able to handle multiple projects without confusing them
- Team oriented communication skills; able to take and give direction with aplomb
- Self starter and proactive doer who does not go idle waiting to be told what to do
GreenPearl organizes a portfolio of high-end conferences across the U.S. from Seattle to Los Angeles, from Boston to Miami that convene leaders in their field. While primarily focused on real estate events, GreenPearl is branching out into finance, e-commerce, and other sectors.
At GreenPearl, you will enjoy a team environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are continuously trying new things with our events and are open to experimenting with new formats, topics, technology and more.
Headquartered in New York City, we have team members located all over the United States. As we hold conferences across the country, we bring the team together in New York and elsewhere to maintain the in-person connections.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.