PeaceHealth - Friday Harbor, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN - Family Practice for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 176150
$3000 sign on bonus
Relocation assistance available
Medical Assistant: In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
LPN Clinic: Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality nursing care to clinic patients as directed by clinic’s healthcare providers. The Clinic LPN functions as a care member of the interdisciplinary care team and fulfills/shares the roles and responsibilities of rooming nurse, and clinical support nurse in the ambulatory patient care setting.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LPN - Clinic:
- Assess and implement patient care under supervision. Prepares patient for examination.
- Provide direct patient care. Assists provider with examination and treatment of patient as directed.
- Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
- Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Obtains and conveys information to and from patients, pharmacies, and other providers as directed and supervised by a licensed provider; may obtain referral authorizations for treatment as directed by provider.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- One year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
State of Washington Medical Assistant – certified licensure required.
State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
- Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
For clinic locations where caregiver will be performing both Medical Assistant and Diagnostic Technician functions:
- Current Limited X-Ray licensure/permit in state of practice required at date of hire.
- Must meet qualifications and perform essential functions of Diagnostic Technician job profile in addition to those for the Medical Assistant.
• Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed.
• Requires BART training (de-escalation training) within 30 days of hire.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Friday Harbor, Peace Island Medical Center (221)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $base for MA $18.62/base for LPN $22.19, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Medical Assistant - Washington; National Certified Medical Assistant
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.