Talbots - Hingham, MA
Talbots is looking for a highly motivated individual who has a broad range of expertise in technologies but with a focus on the MicroStrategy BI Stack, Microsoft SQL Server Stack, and CA Autosys Workload Automation. MicroStrategy BI Stack includes the Intelligence Server (multiple nodes), Web Server, Mobile Server, Enterprise Manager, Admin Tools, Warehouse, and the Web and Mobile servers. This key administration role ensures the optimal performance and utilization of the system. As the role will also be responsible for database administration duties, he/she must have extensive knowledge of the Microsoft SQL Server Stack including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS. CA AutoSys Workload Automation includes the infrastructure and software administration and support of production and nonproduction environments.
- Demonstrates expertise in all components of the MicroStrategy BI Stack and SQL Server 2012, 2016, and 2017 – SSRS used to access SSAS cubes created in EDW
- Responsible for administration of the BI application including migrations, administrative tasks, user management & MSTR services/engine maintenance
- Create security roles, schedules, subscription, User’s and Group’s with their required privileges
- Oversight using admin tools including Object Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, and Enterprise Manager
- MicroStrategy product installation, upgrades, configure, and troubleshoot software
- Perform and support object migrations between environments
- Support MicroStrategy users in pilot and production environment
- Create MicroStrategy usage reports and perform system monitoring
- MicroStrategy troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Submit and manage issues and enhancement cases with MicroStrategy for administration/environment related items
- Understanding of the ETL process utilizing SSIS packages that are wrappers for stored procedures
- Provide database engineer assistance with the ability to troubleshoot SQL performance problems. Understand SQL Plans and Profiles to help tune database tables and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
- Support the data import and data load process
- Manage database user administration and implementation of security rules
- Responsible for backup and recovery strategies
- Develop, implement, and test disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for MicroStrategy architecture.
- Responsible for administration of CA AutoSys Workload Automation including services/software support
- Support CA AutoSys Workload Automation product upgrades and configuration
- Perform and support job migrations between environments
- Person will be part of the on call support rotation for weekend and nights when needed.
- Clearly communicate ideas and recommendations, and have the ability to document processes and procedures for others to follow.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred), plus five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MicroStrategy Certified Administrator preferred
- 5+ years’ experience obtaining a thorough knowledge along with hands-on experience of MicroStrategy (I-Server/Web and admin tools)
- 7+ years of technical experience understanding of systems infrastructure equipment as servers and storage systems, software including server operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience with Enterprise Scheduling software including understanding of scheduling hardware and administration of both the software and jobs.
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server stack including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- In-depth understanding of SQL Server administration and development with versions 2012, 2016, and 2017.
- Prior experience with cube design, creation and utilization as well as unit testing architectural development efforts.
- Thorough understanding of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence life cycle of development
- Extensive experience and knowledge of query performance tuning
- In-depth understanding of MSSQL database backup and recovery procedures.
- Understanding of MSSQL IO characteristics and storage best practices.
- Experience with CA’s AutoSys Workload Automation a plus.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must.
- Must be able to stay calm under pressure and use a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Ability to work on-location with some work from home opportunities
- Experience in the retail industry a plus
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.