PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a EKG Technician (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 176926
Operates electrocardiograph equipment (which may include treadmill tests, ECGs, Holter monitors, etc) to record the electromotive variations in heart muscle to provide data for diagnosis of heart ailments.
- Performs EKGs, and may perform Holter monitors, event monitors and ambulatory blood pressure monitors on patient.
- Processes and edits EKGs.
- Charts confirmed EKGs. Records and files information related to tests performed.
- Cleans, adjusts and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification as a Cardiographic Technician with 3 years of hire preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Effective communication skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- One year prior direct patient care experience required.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $16.15, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Technician / Technologist || Per Diem/Relief || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.