PeaceHealth - Florence, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager - Clinical Services for our bustling critical access hospital on the beautiful Oregon Coast!
Are you passionate about patient experience, quality, efficiency, and safety outcomes? Do you see yourself as an engaged leader, collaborating with and developing your team, and working in a close-knit partnership with our providers?
If so, we have an excellent leadership opportunity at Peace Harbor Medical Center in Florence, Oregon! Due to an upcoming retirement, we are seeking a Nurse Manager to lead our Medical/Surgical, Intensive Care, and Obstetrics nursing teams here on the beautiful Oregon Coast. PeaceHealth provides a robust leadership support network, with strong local and centralized resource teams.
Why Choose PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center?
- Full-service critical access hospital serving rural communities in Lane County, Oregon
- Recognized as Leader in Patient Safety Improvement (OPSC)
- Named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in America (iVantage Health Analytics)
- State-of-the-art technology with continued expansion across all departments
- We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance
This position requires at least five (5) years of strong Med/Surg, ICU, and OB nursing experience, a minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated relevant leadership experience, an Oregon State RN license or ability to obtain, and a BSN or greater degree.
Florence, Oregon is a coastal town boasting culture, beautiful natural surroundings, an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, and exceptional schools! Florence is known for its breathtaking beaches, rolling sand dunes, lakes, and picturesque historic downtown. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
Ready to begin your adventure with PeaceHealth? We look forward to talking with you!
Req ID: 176227
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Peace Harbor - Labor & Delivery: Serve as Educator: assess educational needs; plan, provide and evaluate educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary healthcare team, and community.
PEACE HARBOR PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Florence community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Florence, Peace Harbor Hospital (507)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.