PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 176347
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $13.36, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Food & Nutrition Services || Part Time || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.