PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Librarian for a 0.8 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Other.
Req ID: 178083
Provides timely, accurate, and appropriate information services to support patient care, education, research and management. Ensures accurate resource and information identification, organization, retrieval, analysis, delivery and reporting.
- Oversees medical library functions such as locating, analyzing, synthesizing and reporting appropriate information to all customers in a timely manner.
- Manages library projects and carries out planning for major library initiatives.
- Projects budget needs for library operations, including print and electronic resources, library projects and new information initiatives. Monitors expenditures and budget status.
- Investigates and evaluates information technology and integrates it into library operations and services as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in developing and expanding information resources in biomedical and health fields. Collaborates with other library professionals.
- Maintains current broad-base knowledge of issues and trends related to collection management and applies this knowledge to library planning.
- Provides user education, instruction and training on the use and selection of information resources, and the use of new technology.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Library Science from accredited school of library science required
- Certification by the Academy of Health Information Professionals desired.
- Three years current experience as a medical librarian, or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through education and training post an MLS degree required
- Maintains active membership in local and national medical library associations.
- Attends conferences, workshops, seminars, and classes to maintain knowledge of changing technologies and developments in the health care and information industries.
- Technical processing and extensive reference and online database searching experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: Other
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Other - Administrative || Full Time || HUMAN RESOURCES
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.