Sunrise Senior Living - Washington, DC
- Sunrise Leader
- Managing programs of all kind: Spiritual, Educational, Intellectual, Cognitive, Social and Recreational, Health and Wellness
- Manage volunteer opportunities for the Community Life Program
- Preparation of budget and monitoring expenses and financial statements to meet revenue and budget targets
- Proven leadership abilities
- Recruits and provides overall leadership for the Activities & Recreation team members and volunteers
- Coaching and retaining a high performing employee team
- Demonstrates competence in Federal, State and Local regulations, requirements and Sunrise guidelines for skilled nursing, assisted living and/or independent living as applicable; ensures compliance
- College degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, Education, Gerontology, Social Work, Adult Education, Marketing, Public Relations with two (2) years of experience OR Certified Activity Professional and (3-5) years experience preferably in assisted living, long term care or experience with seniors
- Two (2) years supervisory/management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to lead, motivate team members and volunteers for their involvement in the social events and various activities
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.