PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Transporter - Patient Transport for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 177469
This position is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients, supplies, specimens and equipment through the facility.
- Transport patients by schedule and on request utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Transport materials such as supplies, specimens, records, linen, trash, confidential documents and equipment.
- May be responsible for conference room set-up including equipment and patient care equipment transfers.
- May clean wheeled transport equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Entry level position. Prior patient care experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Valid driver’s license from applicable state (not required in Whatcom).
- Good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to physically lift, push and/or pull patients and equipment.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $14.68, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Other - Allied || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.