PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN -Hospice Medicare Certified (Part-Time) for a 0.7 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 175485
This position is responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to hospice/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years current medical/surgical or long-term care
- Minimum of one year hospice nursing experience (or equivalent education and/or experience) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider required.
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured to state regulations and is in good running order at all times.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (PHPN) preferred
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
PHSW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $38.98, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Drivers License; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Nursing || Clinic, Home Health, Hospice, Long-Term Care Nursing || Part Time || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.