PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager, Respiratory Care.
Req ID: 177406
Responsible for 24-hour, day-to-day operations of assigned areas; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; financial well-being; regulatory compliance; and patient care within the scope of the Respiratory Care Practitioners. Serves as a clinical resource for Respiratory Care for the Hospital. Manages department staff and patient care within the interdisciplinary team.
1. Operates department within approved expense and capital budgets and within productivity measures (budgeted productive hours).
2. Operates department in compliance with JCAHO and/or other regulatory agency requirements.
3. Administers all aspects of staff management and development for the Respiratory Care department to ensure adequate scheduling, staff competency, qualifications and professional growth related to excellence in patient care.
4. Oversees the ongoing Quality Improvement (QI) program, which is organized and responsive to caregivers, so that quality patient care is assured.
5. Provides respiratory care services to patients as prescribed by physicians in a professionally competent, appropriate, caring and timely manner.
6. Explains pertinent procedures in a clear and concise manner and addresses questions only within the scope of hospital practice, while maintaining confidentiality regarding unit or hospital operations, staffing and other patients.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- 5 years experience as a Respiratory Therapist required
- 2 years previous leadership experience required.
- Current clinical expertise in all areas of RT function (Critical Care, emergency, pediatrics, neonatal, medical/surgical) and familiarity with pulmonary diagnostic procedures.
- Maintain current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Must have and maintain current CPR, ACLS, PALS/ENPC, and NRP.
- Must be registered with the NBRC.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
- Computer experience required knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) preferred.
- Able to balance information regarding patient, staff, and unit needs in decision-making
- Clearly able to articulate the decision-making process
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $43.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Respiratory Care Practitioner - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.