PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapist - Acute Therapies (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 177071
Looking to be a part of a dynamic, collaborative Acute Therapy team? Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend is seeking an energetic Physical Therapist who is looking for the excitement of working in a fast-paced Acute Care environment!
You would join our team of therapists that treat patients of all conditions, covering the Orthopedic, Neurology, Surgical, Medical, Oncology, Pediatric, Cardiac and Intensive Care Units. We have 16-17 Physical Therapists staffed each day, so there’s plenty of opportunity for collaboration and mentoring.
Our PTs work very closely with the other members of our 64-member Acute Therapy team, including Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists, but also with Physicians, Nurses, Medical Social Workers, Care Managers, and many other healthcare professionals. Our incredible department consistently ranks as one of the best in staff satisfaction surveys!
We are a state-of the art, 380-bed Level II Trauma Center located in Springfield, Oregon. Built in 2008, our hospital is on the leading edge of evidence-based design, creating a patient-centered healing environment. We have large private rooms with outstanding views of the city, park-like grounds and the McKenzie River. We are proud to be a Primary Stroke Center of Excellence and in the Top 100 Hospitals in the U.S. for Total Joint Replacements.
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
1. Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
2. Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
3. Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
4. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
5. Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
6. Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
7. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – SHMC, University District: May be required to cover as an Admission Coordinator/Rehab PPS Coordinator
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Rehab Therapies
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Physical Therapist - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.