PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Policy Management Systems Analyst - Policy Mgmt Program for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 174961
Responsible for maintaining information/data systems, work with key stakeholders for policy management system-wide initiatives, system upgrades, implementation of policy management software and assisting to define business needs for the design/development of software. Serves as policy management project lead which includes managing the communication, coordinating activities and participating in the work. Provides recommendations for solutions to workflow inefficiency and assists in resolving technical issues through all applicable phases of a project or initiative. Communicates recommendations and next steps to the policy manager.
- Identifies and/or develops the tools and resources need to support and be able to maintain a high functioning data management electronic system and workflow.
- Works with the policy manager to develop, and implement the policy management program problem statement, background, current condition, countermeasures and action plan to achieve identified purpose and goals.
- Coordinates or collaborates in design and implementation of training solutions and/or communication of new processes and systems. Monitors progress to meet goals and timelines.
- Analyzes systems approaches for workability and feasibility; recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize workflows; prepares specifications for developers; determine, analyze and formulate current practices.
- Facilitates and coordinates activities associated with system initiatives/projects in collaboration with other initiative/project participants and members of the system policy steering committees.
- Ensures compliance with Federal/State Tax and Wage and Hour laws, company policies/procedures, union contracts, and benefit programs as they relate to payroll.
- Designs and/or coordinates documentation and policy department training procedures and manuals. Provides instruction and training to caregivers.
- Works with stake holders to understand policy management data capture process, data flow, and standardized data collection in electronic systems and department business activities.
- Troubleshoots issues, tests software, assists in the identification of software needs and provides user guidelines and training.
- Tests software related to upgrades, patches, process flows, system modifications, custom reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of three years' experience working with policy systems in a healthcare and/or equivalent setting.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and team facilitation
- Experience in process design and performance improvement
- Application and database design and implementation experience
- Project management certification or acquisition of certification within the first two years of employment required.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, parallel, high visibility projects
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience organizing and managing detailed information and working with or leading teams
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint; Epic; Experience in coordinating multiple tasks and timelines, facilitation and organizational collaboration skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Position may require travel and may work outside of normal business hours.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $27.24, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Risk Management & Quality || Full Time || RISK MANAGEMENT
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.